It's been a while since I was able to sit down and do some catching up! So much has happened in the last little while! Savannah was in a pageant in June. She won 3rd place in her group! She was by far the cutest one there!;) She was so excited that she got a crown. a sash, a bag full of goodies, and some beautiful flowers! She had a lot of fun and I enjoyed watching her! Grandpa and Grandma Wright were able to make it to the pageant and that was special for Savannah!




We decided that enough was enough! And we put our house up for sale so that Ken wouldn't have to do the commute anymore! I posted the house on KSL.com and three days later, I had a buyer! We moved everything to a couple of storage units in Fillmore and prepared to close on our house! We, well I, was so worried about selling our house and I couldn't believe we sold it so fast and for what we needed. The Lord was really watching out for us! We closed at the end of June and Me and the kids moved to Las Vegas to stay with Grandpa and Grandma Wright until we found a place in Fillmore! Here are a few pics of the house we left behind...
We actually had a pretty good "vacation" when we went from place to place being homeless. We went up to Wolf Creek with my family for a few days. They have a great pool there and the cousins had a fantastic time playing together! It was fun to spend time with my family playing games and visiting!

 |
| Red Rover- Red Rover |
We took our first real "summer vacation" to Laguna Beach, California. Grandma Wright came with us to help with the kids while Ken and I went scuba diving. Oh yeah, did I mention that we got certified? :) It was so much fun! Anyway, we headed out from Las Vegas Friday morning after Grandma finished her radiation therapy. We got to the coast later that night and headed over to Huntington Beach for a few hours. The sunset was so beautiful and the kids had a blast in the waves!
 |
| Racing the waves! |
After Huntington Beach, we headed to our hotel in Irene. It had a nice swimming pool and the room was nice. Ken and I got up early on Saturday morning and headed off to scuba dive Laguna Beach's Shaw Cove. We had so much fun! We saw all sorts of beautiful fish and sea life! The ones I can remember are flounder, giant purple star fish, sea urchins, hermit crabs, and I think a lobster! It was awesome! Ken was in heaven! He was swimming all over and having a blast and I was just trying to keep up with him! :) Towards the end, I started feeling a little weird, so I went to the surface. All the sudden I had the urge to throw up, which I did! Which was followed by crying and weakness! I don't know why I cry every time I barf, I just do! Anyway, we headed back to the shore after that and headed back to help Grandma with the kids!
 |
| Ken in his Gear |
 |
| Beth in her gear |
When we got back to the hotel, the kids were dying to go swimming in the pool! So Me and Grandma took the kids to the pool while Ken cleaned all the gear and the sand from out of the car! :)
Later, we headed back to Shaw's Cove to try one more dive. It took us almost 2 hours to find a parking spot! We got the kids and Grandma situated on the beach and headed out into the water. Earlier, we had adjusted our weights and when I got out there far enough to dive, I realized I didn't have enough weight to get down. That was really frustrating for me and especially Ken. He was really looking forward to diving again. So we headed back to shore. I was so exhausted, I could barely get myself out of the water. We decided to just hang out with the family on the beach and swim for a little while until the surf rose and pushed us off the beach! We headed back to the hotel to clean up and get dinner. It was a fantastic day and I'm really looking forward to the next time we can go diving! And we appreciated Grandma Wright coming and helping with the kids! There's no way we would have been able to do it without her! We drove home Sunday and Ken left Monday morning for work in Fillmore.
Ken was busy with fires, so me and the kids decided to stay in Vegas for the 4th of July. Tonya's sister was having a swimming party and fireworks after, so we headed over there. It was way fun! They had a great pool!
 |
| Just relaxing on the side of the pool! |
 |
| They had these really fun squirt guns! The kids had a blast with them! |
 |
| Savannah was jumping off the wall into the deep end! She was so brave! :) |
 |
| Colton getting ready to jump to Savannah! No Fear! |
 |
| Best buddies! |
 |
| Watching Fireworks |
Savannah and Abbey did swimming lessons for two weeks and Savannah made a huge improvement in her abilities! She was the best swimmer in her whole class! She got the "dare-devil" award because she wanted to do everything and by herself! She had so much fun and I am definitely signing the boys up for lessons next year after I saw all that she had learned in a short period.
 |
| Chicken! |
 |
| Stream Lining |
 |
| This is Savannah doing a star fish! She could float all by herself at the end of class. |
 |
| Grandma Wright came to watch her last lesson. |
 |
| Posing with her teacher, Ms. Kelsey |
 |
| Savannah and her award! |
The heat in Las Vegas was so unbearable! It was hot...all the time! So we took Grandma and Clayton up to Mt. Charleston to get some relief from the heat! It was about 20 degrees cooler there. We went for a little hike and had some lunch. It was a lot of fun!
Another thing we did to beat the heat was to swim and jump on the tramp with the sprinklers going! Mia and Abbey came over one day to play!
 |
| Loving on Jackson! |
 |
| Filling up the pool! |
 |
| Grandma Wright |
 |
| Grandma trying to wrangle the boys for a picture! |
Grandma spoiled the kids and bought a trampoline for the kids to play on while we were there! They loved it! They could only jump a few minutes at a time due to how hot it was, unless they had the sprinklers on it!
 |
| Savannah doing a front flip! |
Nellis Air Force Base is located in North Las Vegas and one of the things I wanted to do while we were there was to go watch the jets taking off and landing. Lucky for us they were doing a major training so there were tons of planes and jets the day we went to see them!
 |
| watching the jets! |
We drove up to Utah to go to the Sheffer Family Reunion. We spent Friday at Maple Grove Campground and then went back to Fillmore to spend the night. It was a lot of fun to catch up with all the family we haven't seen in such a long time! It was a little cold and rainy, but cleared up when it was time to do the activities! Savannah loved the craft table and the boys had fun just running around gettin dirty! They handed out water balloons that the kids rolled down the mountain and they wouldn't pop! It was a blast!
 |
| Grandma brought a gun to auction off! |
 |
| Snuggling with Grandpa Great! |
 |
| The craft table! |
 |
| Grandpa plays a killer harmonica! |
 |
| The balloon that wouldn't pop! |
 |
| Chasing the balloon down the hill |
On Saturday we headed up to Beaver Canyon to see what was there. We found a bunch of really fun little lakes! We stopped to fish for a bit at Anderson Reservoir and it was way fun! Not big fish, but they were good fighters! Especially for the kids!
 |
| Coltons Fish |
 |
| Savannah's Fish |
 |
| Worms! |
 |
| Remington's Fish |
We went to Grandmas and Grandpa Sheffer's house for a few days next. Shawna came and spent a day with us, which was so much fun! We rode Cadbury and went swimming and stayed up late playing games!
 |
| Grandpa leading the kids around |
 |
| Savannah and Sariah |
 |
Shawna, Sariah, Parker, and Carter
|
Next we had the Sheffer Reunion up South Willow Canyon and Grantsville Reservoir. Kyle's Family was here from New Mexico, so it was fun to have everyone together. We spent the day up the canyon (with the dead deer and all) :) and at the reservoir. We canoed and it was the first time for the kids to be on one. They were all a little nervous about it until they got out there. Then I had a hard time keeping them out of the boats! We went back to Grandma's house and went swimming, visited, and played games into the early hours of the next day! It was a blast! I love spending time with my family! It was really special this time knowing Jordan and his family were moving to Washington the next month and Morgan is almost finished with school so who knows where they will end up at!
 |
| Grantsville Reservoir July 2012 |
 |
We sat around a fire pit in Grandma's back yard and roasted marshmallows and star gazed
Well, these are a few things we have done this summer! |
That looks like an amazing summer you have had. I'm glad we got to share some of it with you!
ReplyDeleteYour kids are getting so big. I should of sent my kids with you this summer. You guys had WAY more fun then we did this summer. I dont think I am going to look at your blog anymore, it makes me feel like a loser mom who doesnt have any fun. jk.
ReplyDelete