Thursday, January 19, 2012

It has been a while. Sorry!! January has been a pretty good month. It has been nice for things to slow down a bit after the holiday rushing! New Years Eve was fun. We had Trent and Tiff and their family here and also Ken's parents. They were here for Uncle Rulon's funeral. We had some really good food. Ken made potato salad and I made sloppy joes. All from scratch, and they were so good. Trent made us all some awesome drinks all night! We hung out and visited and then did fireworks at midnight. Ken went so overboard this year! We definately had the biggest and best fireworks in town! :)
While Bob was here, we decided to try our luck at ice fishing. Randy and Clayton came also. We went to Nine Mile res. Randy was the only one that caught a fish! Rod, Haley, and Brian came a little later and I think they caught one. I didn't even get a bite! It was a pretty slow fishing day. We have a couple of elk tags for that area too, so we spent a little time driving around looking for them too that morning. There was a herd of about twelve cows just off the road just outside our area. And when we were coming home, they were still sitting in the same place! :) Just our luck!
The next weekend, Ken and I decided to try a different place. We went to Rockport. It was pretty cold and the fishing was slow. Again, I caught nothing and Ken caught I think 3 or 4 fish. They were coming through the fish finder, but they didn't ever bite. It was still a way fun weekend and it was nice to get away from the kids for a few hours. Marisa watched the kids for us.
... Then the next weekend, Marisa wanted to babysit again, so I talked Ken into going to Fish Lake. I love this lake. I seldomly ever leave empty handed. And this was the case this time!!! :) I think we ended up with about 48 fish. Ken caught a ton of perch and I caught almost all the trout and splake. It was a blast! The weather was so nice too. Ken had a little mishap with his wallet, but other than that, we couldn't have asked for a better time.
Ken has been staying at work this week to try and save us some money. I have to go into work tonight so he is coming home. YEAH! It has finally been snowing, so maybe this weekend we will hopefully go down to Fairview and tag us some elk!

No comments:

Post a Comment